Friday, November 9, 2012

Moving Forward


For the first time in many years, I finally chose a New Years resolution that I've been proud of.  It hasn't always been easy to keep, but that's part of what makes the choice worthwhile.  The truth is I sometimes find myself mired in depression.  If we're being really honest I was actually treated for it in college, so it's definitely something that hits hard for me.  Because of that, my resolution this year was to really try and find the bright side of situations, or at least to look through them to see bright spots ahead.

Why am I bringing this up? Partly as an explanation for my absence recently.  I hit a bit of a rough patch and lets face it: I dropped the ball on this blog.  But rather than focus on that, what I want to look at is this: moving forward. I want to think about some neat posts I have coming up. I'm thinking about the fact that I've learned how critical planning is (write posts early! and have a little cache of whole posts or at least ideas to draw from). So: mistakes happen, take the lessons you can from them and move on. Keep your head up.



No comments:

Post a Comment