Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Exploring Perfume


For whatever reason, my subconscious managed to label perfume as "so adult" or at the very least "special occasion".  So I've never really worn it regularly, despite thinking that it was classy on other people.  Well, with the wedding coming up, I realized that desperately needed to change.  Maybe I want to feel more grown up that day, maybe I'm just worried about hugging everyone I love...I don't know. The point being, the label in my mind suddenly shifted from "eh...not for me" to "must have!". 

And I had a wonderful experience tracking down perfume!  I ventured out to my local beauty store, where they have an area dedicated to perfume.  I spoke with the perfume associate, describing my situation (perfume virgin) and that I was looking for something light and clean to eventually wear to my wedding.  And in the meantime enjoy day-to-day.  She was happy to suggest a number of options and then proceeded to send me home with five sample sprayers for myself and one for my fiancee, I couldn't believe it!  So now I'm able to test-drive these scents on my own time to decide how they react to my body and how they wear over the course of the day.

So onto the scents...I received Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, L'Eau de Chloe, BCBGMAXAZRIA Eau de Parfum, and Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. Each strikes me as very light...some more floral while others are more fruity, but there was definitely something special about each one.  I guess now it's on to the test drives to determine which one will be my signature scent.

Do you wear perfume regularly? Do you have a favorite scent?  Or several? :)  I really enjoyed getting to sample the scents... it felt like being pampered.  So if you've got time, I'd definitely suggest stopping at your perfume counter to see what new scents are available.  I definitely wouldn't have been able to make these finds without some expert help!



No comments:

Post a Comment